Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Phoenix

I went to Phoenix, Arizona last week for Math Investigations training as part of a vertical team.  We headed out on a Sunday afternoon.
Dawn and I were pretty bored.

After the 8-3 thing everyday, we would have to plan where we would eat (of course) for the evening.  This one particular night, we had just left a really awesome mall in Chandler and headed to a barbeque place called Porkopolis.   On our way, we noticed a lot of dirt!  It looked like smoke!
This one is blurred, but the waitress told us that it was monsoon season, which is where these huge dust storms come in with occasional rain and really high winds.  It was disgusting.
Most of my gorgeous landscape photography comes from the backseat of a Town and Country.
We laughed about how you would give directions to your house if you lived here.  They all looked the same.
We stayed down the street from the Angels field where they were holding Spring Training. 
More awesome photography
Downtown Phoenix
Chase Field where the Diamondbacks play
Stumbled on to some Cardinal football players at the Arizona Mills mall after we bought movie tickets.  They were so nice.
Tres Leches Cake
Let's just say that the highlight of my week was the food.  If you know me, we travel for food.  I didn't have to share anything on this trip.  I didn't take pics of every dessert I had, but these were my favorites.  I will add that I did hit the fitness center every night at 9:30 for an hour on the bike.
Ice Cream Sandwiches
Banana Spring Rolls

0 comments: