Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summertime

Our first official week of summer is finally over. Looks like time will be ticking by until we begin school shortly this year. Parker spent his first week in First Baptist VB at their VBS. It was "The Big Apple Adventure" and he had so much fun.
She loves him. She loves him not. That is the pattern these days and it changes by the minute. Two kids are tough. I am a referee.



This little girl is full of spunk and personality. I am entertained daily.


What a ham! We are totally into mac and cheese these days.


When sis goes to sleep in the afternoon, Parker and I find ways to spend our time. Sometimes he just chills and watches some movies, but we've been reading lots together and playing games. He's really into checkers, but REALLY into Minute to Win It. We watch that every Wednesday night together. It was nice during t-ball because that was the night we stayed home. This game is where they use the straws to pick up the m&ms and place them on the upright straws. We were trying to beat each other's times. Wendy's is giving the games from that show and we also have the stacking cups and the hangers.



The Brown Redneck Waterpark

Located in Van Buren


When you don't have a parent who lives in the same town as you, with a pool, you do what you have to. However, our neighbors have a nice pool that they hardly swim in.

Lounging in the Lagoon area



And here, Vanna is showing us the finishline to the Three-man Slip n Slide

Enter at your own risk.





This past week, our family lost one of my great-aunts, Aunt Julia. She and my grandmother's brother, Uncle Clark, always lived right across the street from my Mammaw. Uncle Clark passed about three years ago, and Aunt Julia died suddenly on Saturday. Mom and I packed up the kids and we drove down to the funeral this week. This is my Mammaw's house. It looks much like it did as I was growing up. She got a new roof. We spent so much time down here and explored all around. I love this house. It holds so many memories that I only wish my kids will have in their hearts one day.



Miss P and I stayed with them at their house while Parker and Mom stayed at the "hotel" as Parker was super pumped about. He was so excited about swimming in the indoor pool.


This is the most special church to me. This is Stephens United Methodist Church. It was the first Methodist church I ever attended. We would go there everytime we stayed at Mammaw's house, which was a lot, especially during the summer. I loved going down to the front for children's time, when they would invite all the little ones, which was about four or five to the front for their message. Our church used to do that and I loved that. I'm so glad to be able to share that part of my past with my children and raise them in the Methodist faith.

My parents were married in this church. Unfortunately, I've been attending this place for funerals these days. The church will always prepare a meal for the family afterwards in the fellowship hall downstairs. We get to visit with our family who are sprinkled throughout south Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas.


That was only the first two weeks of summer...who knows what else will come our way?


1 comments:

mustard seed said...

love your back yard water park!

sorry to hear about your great-aunt :(