Sunday, May 8, 2011

This is the Stuff You Use

These days have been packed. If it's not sickness, or school, work, or baseball, we would be bored I guess. Before we left for Boston, Peyton got really sick with strep. She got an extremely high fever and we hated to leave her. My parents and Tim's parents didn't hesitate to take care of everything for us. Our friends even stepped in to shuttle children and get kids to ballgames. We are so lucky.
Then, with the holidays, birthday, and trips, we're still going. Easter came and went, and then this week, I went to Fourth Grade camp with my students for three days. We had a ball! It's so tiring, and the kids are worn out, but it's something they'll never forget. I love going back each year. This year, the rain stopped, and we had beautiful weather. Tim survived with the kids. Life picked on back up with ball that night I came back. Parker had a triple header (is that even a phrase?) in a double elimination tournament. They won and we were all pooped!
This Mother's Day weekend, we discovered that Peyton had gotten hand, foot, and mouth (joy) and so that kind of kept us from doing all that we wanted. However, it was a little nice gift to be able to go out for breakfast with our family of four and spend some time with Miss P today. I took Parker with me to Springdale to visit my mom last night. It has all worked out. I am the luckiest girl to have the opportunity to take care of these little people, only for a little while. Happy Mother's Day




0 comments: